Outside Sales - PA
Job Title: Outside Sales Engineer
Job Category: Sales
Commodities: Bearings and Power Transmission Components
Location: Covering PA
Remote Travel Required: Yes
Level/Salary Range: Base + Commission
Position Type: Full Time
TAP Industrial Sales is seeking a dynamic Sale Engineer who will support the Pennsylvania customer base. The Sales Engineer serves as a liaison in the sales process when complex and technical equipment or services are involved. The Sales Engineer (SE) primary responsibility is to work with Distributors, OEM'S and Manufacturers within the territory and grow overall sales of Power Transmission components.
• Generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders, understanding, and interpreting technical requirements, providing technical information, and developing accounts.
• Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends and identifying sales opportunities.
• Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new account, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations, and preparing quotations.
• Secures new accounts by answering telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries and verifying and entering information.
• Fills orders by transferring Purchase Orders to fulfillment, communicating expected delivery date, and explaining stock-outs.
• Develops accounts by checking customer’s buying history, suggesting related and new items, and explaining technical features.
• Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
• Maintains communication equipment by troubleshooting, reporting, and tracking problems.
• Maintains and improves quality results by following standards and recommending improved policies and procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
• Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
• Maintains company records in ERP System.
• Contributes to team effort by delivering results as needed.
• Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent sales and customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to apply engineering, technology, or other related principles to product sales.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Proficient or willingness to Learn Odoo ERP system to improve company communication
• 5 years’ experience, in depth knowledge of application and design of Slewing Ring Bearings, Slew Drives, Gearboxes, and Pinions. Ability to read blueprints. Solid understanding of application uses, and customers.
• Professional Sales Engineer experience including customer needs assessment, sales plan development, pipeline development, and territory growth preferred.
• Advanced working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Software. Experience with CRM Systems, AutoCAD a plus,
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or field related to products and services being sold preferred.
• Two to four years of related product or sales experience required.
• Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Fully Remote
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan (401K)
• Paid time off
• Work from home
• Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
• Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
• Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
• High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
• Monday to Friday
The roles and responsibilities noted above are not all-inclusive of this position’s duties. At times, miscellaneous administrative tasks will be required which could involve the use of problem-solving skills.